Buy wrong version accidentally
Yup, just did the switch from Homekit firmware to Tasmota on a 5050C RGB light controller.
* Download the latest Tasmota firmware from their Github (I used tasmota-lite.bin) to your computer
* Connect the Homekit firmware device to your wifi, find its IP and go to the user interface
* Upload the tasmota-lite.bin you downloaded earlier (choose a file from your computer and hit upload)
* This will leave the device in an unresponsive state
* Reset all settings by powering the device off and on seven times (leave power applied for around 5 seconds each time and leave it powered on the seventh time)
* The device will then be ready for initial setup (It will be in AP setup mode)
* Use the template settings as seen on the athom.tech product page for the tasmota model to configure tasmota
I switched the Plug firmware from Homekit to ESPHome no problem. It was better than with the original, because now it measures the power.
How can the firmware be changed? Url? Is it still compatible with homekit? Thanks !!!